The EPA STOrage and RETrieval System (STORET) provides access to about 300,000 sites measuring chemical/biological water quality, streamflow, groundwater levels and meteorological data.This web service provides methods for retrieving data from EPA STORET. For more information about EPA STORET, see the STORET home page at http://www.epa.gov/storet/dw_home.html
Returning Zero Results
Site code format: 'NetworkName:OrganizationCode:SiteCode'
Site code example: EPA:11NPSWRD:CHIS_NPS_Q3
Variable format: 'NetworkName:VariableCode-MediumCode'
Errors mentioned here originate from EPA STORET.
- Some stations may have no data.
- Data may have incorrect units.
- For example Station EPA:OKCONCOM:120410-01-0210M has measurements classified as Dissolved Oxygen while units for these measurements are deg C.
- Medium data may be wrong. For example Variable: Air Temperature, Medium: Water
- EPA STORET uses string matching to find the stations while partial matches also return results.
- For example if you miss a digit in siteCode i.e. enter 3303006 instead of 33030069, system returns multiple stations (33030060, 33030061, 33030062, 33030063,33030064,33030065,33030066,33030067,33030068,33030069) which causes an error.
The service is fragile, and subject to easy breakage by the EPA web interface.
Bora is the main designer of the harvest interface, and developer of the web harvesting code behind the service.
We anticipate getting databases direct from the EPA which will enhance the stability of the services.
new services http://www.waterqualitydata.us/