SDSC is developing a Data Model for use in HIS Metadata catalog.
This model will be a set of classes that needs the information to collection (aka series) records, themes, links to ontologies. It will be designed to be extensible. It has the semantics concepts of ODM, with the experience of EDM, and lessons learned since EDM and ODM development.
- Classes are based on domain knowledge (ODM semantics + EDM lessons)
- Simplify the programming and querying by
- adding a layer to simplify the programming (aka repository layer)
- providing ability to use .net LINQ queries in the repository layer.
- Business Logic to store an object goes in the repository.
- Maintain and develop common business logic in the classes.
- Use the tool to create the database schema (no more we only support MS Sql)
- Class model and mapping specification to database can be used to generate schema
- Hand mapping can be done for legacy database
Domain Model Design Background References ¶
Also known as Model Driver Design, or Domain Driven Design (DDD)
Method to separate the model code. Keep the query layer from migrating up the code
Start of Requirements
Present Source Code Repository
Notes on how the Datamodel and the HIS Desktop might integrate ¶