HIS Server Installation and Deployment Service¶
Service is provided by SDSC Spatial Information Systems Lab
Hydrologic Information System Server is a collection of databases, web services, tools and front-end applications for publication and analysis of observations data. It is developed as part of the CUAHSI HIS project (his.cuahsi.org/
) and is being installed at several universities across the country and abroad. We offer this service to support installation and deployment of the HIS Server software stack and databases at interested institutions not covered by the grant. The basic services available include a programmer’s time for software configuration and testing. Optional services include hosting, training, server configuration with user’s observations data, interface customization and monthly monitoring and updating.
Basic service: Building an HIS server
This includes installing the OS, software components, custom components, data and application configuration. The user is expected to provide hardware and software licenses, based on HIS server specifications. Installation, configuration and testing will be done via a remote login, or optionally, on the server hardware shipped to SDSC. For the basic service, the turn-around time is approximately one week.
Our estimate of a basic service for HIS Server setup is $5K (including the 45% IDC).
- Installing HIS Server on hardware shipped to us by the client: we set it up on the network, install the software and data, configure, test, and ship it to your location
- Data loading assistance: helping transform user’s data so that the data can be loaded into the Observations data model (ODM) relational database used by the server
- Configuring the server with additional user-supplied spatial data layers, and development of spatial caches
- Customization of any aspects of the system
- Training and phone/email support
- Hosting HIS data and application at SDSC: setting up a virtual server with domain name of your choice, and hosting your HIS server and applications
- Travel to your site
- We also offer an annual service agreement to monitor and update the system we have installed, via remote login (we estimate this annual agreement to be about 4 hours per month at our standard rate.)
The optional services are billed as actual hours at standard billing rate of $85/hr plus any actual travel/materials at our cost. Note 45% UCSD IDC is added to all expenses and all work would be pre-approved by you before any work was performed.
For service details please contact Thomas Whitenack (firstname.lastname@example.org
For financial arrangements contact Joe Czech, SDSC business office (email@example.com
You can download the service description as a 1-page PDF document here